Thursday, May 30, 2013

Free write: Love in Black and White

I'm not loved. Well, I guess that some people love me but they don't really love me. They only love me for what's in me and what I'm about. Which I guess I should be thankful for. Nobody really cares what I look like and I guess that's a good thing.
I just wish that everybody wasn't so critical of me. They act like they can just stare at me for long enough then completely understand who I am and what I'm really about. I know quite a bit about romance and relationships and I think that if I could get a man to truly understand me then it wouldn't be so hard to find the kind of love that I was made for and can't escape from. My first problem is that I've never even been touched by a man. I'll sit alone for weeks at a time and when somebody finally checks me out it's always a woman. The worst part is that every single time it's some sad, lonely woman. I think they do it just to taunt me and show me that I'll always be lonely like them. And every time I'm with a woman, it's always the exact same thing: first comes romance, then love, and one instance of love-making, but always just one, then she's done with me. She takes me back to the library and puts me back in my lonely space on the shelf. It's a sad life, being a romance novel.

4 comments:

  1. Dude you got me there. The whole time I read that as if it was YOU and it ends up being a book. ahahah :) good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the librarians I worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny stuff man. I like the perspective. I finally get what you were talking about now.

    ReplyDelete